Jun 23, 2013

ISTE 2013 and the Windows Surface Tablet

Well, its the first day of ISTE 2013 in San Antonio and like many other attendees here at the conference, I have taken advantage of the Windows in the Classroom Experience by picking up my free Windows Surface Tablet.  I am a total iPad user and have Windows 7 on my home computer, so Windows 8 is taking some getting used to.    However, despite the difference in the OS, its not that bad. Getting it setup was pretty easy.  My biggest obstacle was getting used to the touch/type keyboard.  its a bit strange.  If you can imagine, its like turning and apple touch screen keyboard into a piece if plastic or felt.  you can't feel the keys, so you have to 'remember' where they are and sometimes type by sight. 


Although I'll be carrying around my iPad as a backup, I plan on trying to post everything here on the Surface Tablet.  Each pic I take and workshop I attend will be viewed through this device.  Wish me luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment